DIY Bird Wall Art
First I want to apologize for being gone on Valentine’s Day- such an important day of the year- but now I’m back with a tutorial for cute bird wall art !
You Will Need:
- Cartridge paper or poster board
- Ink pads
- Brown and red markers
- Black gel ink pen or marker
- Compass or circular stencil
- Flower stamps (or a coloured gel in pen or marker)
- Scrap fabric or sponge
1. Use the compass to draw a circle out on the cartridge paper and cut it out.
2. Draw a branch across the paper. Use the brown marker and colour it in.
3. On the excess cartridge paper, draw a bird and a heart. Cut out these shapes and use the outer piece as a stencil.
4. Stencil the bird on the paper so that it looks as if it is sitting on the branch, and stencil the heart to the side of the bird. I did mine at an angle to it’s head. Outline the bird ONLY in black gel ink/marker.
5. Colour the heart with the red marker.
6. Smear the cloth/sponge on the ink pad and smudge in on the inside of the bird, filling it in with a textured colour.
7. Lastly, stamp flowers on the branch, or draw them in with a marker.